Monday, July 27, 2009

Pregnancy Glow :: Elena Wilken :: Portland Or. Maternity Photographer

Most of the time my sessions run somewhere between 1 1/2 and 2 hours (young children don't have the patience or that kind of attention span so that type of session could be around an hour long, and on the other side of the spectrum I can spend longer than 2 hours with newborns, until they 'give in' and get comfy and sleepy.) From every session I shoot to get out of it about 25-30 really good images that I then edit and present.

Well, as it is I tend to take more shots than I need (the sessions seem to be more fun towards the end and children as well as adults tend to relax and be more likely to share genuine smiles and be themselves during the second half of the session). I never regretted overshooting. Except for when I have to narrow down the session to the best shots.

This time I really did 'overshoot'. I'm not even going to mention how many shots we took the hour and a half I spend with Ema. And how many of them I really love. And what a hard time I had picking some for the blog post :))

She is beautiful and she has that glow about herself that many mothers - to - be have. And it is hard not to want to capture every once of that beauty. Ema there is a lot more where these came from. Literally ;)














13 comments:

.E. July 27, 2009 at 5:54 AM  

These are stunning just stunning Elena all of them.

Oh So Posh Photography July 27, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

Elena these are amazing.. you are doing such an amazing job as a photographer...

Hannah July 27, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

wow elena... i know someone else used this word but these are STUNNING. absolutely and positively GORGEOUS.

cindy July 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

Hi~just found your blog. amazing work. LOVE your processing on the last one!

elena July 28, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

thanks ladies! :)

Anonymous July 29, 2009 at 12:05 AM  

wow!!!sunt minunate pozele...superbe....good job!

Anonymous July 29, 2009 at 12:56 AM  

They're all so beautiful! The eggs are just perfect and so is the bright purple against the sunshine yellow.

CkmetroPhotos July 29, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

I can see whay you had such trouble, she is a stunning woman and she shuld be Over the moon with the results. I also have had sessions like this they are such fun. Well Done

elena July 29, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

she is indeed, darren! :)

Kristen July 30, 2009 at 11:25 PM  

Wow... these are so sweet.

Afolabi - Fotos by Fola August 5, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

Simply beautiful!!! I love them all. Pictures with her hold the eggs..very creative. My fav is the last picture. It has this unique vintage look i've not seen before. I plan on doing a maternity session for my wife soon so this is definitely an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

Anastasia's Photography December 8, 2009 at 6:45 AM  

Gorgeous captures!!! Beautiful!!!

Gabensysmom December 8, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

Elena! Stunning light! You are so inspiring!!

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Self-taught on-location natural light portrait photographer and a graphic designer... Thanks for visiting! Take a look and leave a comment (or two) :)

Followers

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP