Thursday, May 14, 2009

Portland Lifestyle & Portrait Photographer :: Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival '09

A couple of weeks ago, on a rainy afternoon, we got our little family in the car and went for a drive. I've been really looking forward to this short trip to the land of tulips for a couple of weeks now, but didn't think I was going to get out of the car, with the pouring rain. Paul however was going to make me get out and at least take a few pictures, he said. He even made sure we had two umbrellas with us (so I would be free to roam around) :)

Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm is a beautiful place, but even more so on an overcast late afternoon, when the sun is peeking through the clouds :)
I love the Northwest and I truly enjoy days like these. It is just so refreshing. Not a lot of visitors on the grounds of the farm - I loved that! The rain stopped - well it still drizzled here and there - but we had SUCH a good time. Audrey had such a hard time keeping her hands off the flowers :)

I honestly can not wait for next year's festival. I will have to go a couple of times to be able to take it all in and enjoy the beauty in its fulness.

Here is a peek into all that amazing beauty - hope you enjoy it too :)
...God's gift to us :)



And I can't pass posting a few pics of Audrey as well :) She is such a joy!


7 comments:

canadacole May 18, 2009 at 9:24 PM  

I just came to your blog from the Natural Light Child Photography Group on flickr. I love the LO and I LOVE these photos. My favourite is the 2nd one but your daughter(?) is adorable too. I'll be back for more!

Sylvia Cook Photography May 19, 2009 at 2:01 AM  

I came here from the same Flickr group!
Love those tulip fields in Oregon. We have great ones here in Wa also in the Skagit Valley.
Your children's work is beautiful, and I love your use of textures!

Tanya May 19, 2009 at 5:00 AM  

Elena these are just gorgeous!! Tulips are my favourite!! I have some in a vase right now very similar to the ones in your 5th photo! Love your colour!

kitty May 19, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

Stunning!! I especially love the one of the yellow tulips...the composition is just fantastic!

elena May 19, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

thank you ladies :) I love tulips myself very much - they seem to be very resilient and strong, but are so delicate. and I LOVE all the color they bring to life. that evening was especially magical because of the overcast skies.

thanks for your thoughts and comments :)

ljholloway photography May 24, 2009 at 4:13 PM  

Oh my gosh, these are beyond beautiful!! This reminds me of home...I grew up in WA and my mom used to take us to the tulip festival every year. I miss it so much! Gosh, these are just stunning!

elena May 31, 2009 at 12:43 AM  

those must be great memories lisa :) glad these shots bring back good memories :)

(well, just thought I would say that your work is fantastic, and the way you use the light - wow!...)

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Portland, Oregon, United States
Self-taught on-location natural light portrait photographer and a graphic designer... Thanks for visiting! Take a look and leave a comment (or two) :)

Followers

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP